Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun day at the Carnival and Scrap bag project

I am not really good at planning activities, but this year I made a special calendar for the whole summer. The calendar contains kids activities and many attractions going on where we live.

Yesterday, we went to a carnival and it was lots of fun.



Eventhough it rained a little, we still had a blast! After the rain, we saw a gorgeous rainbow in the sky!



Tomorrow we plan to go see hot air baloons in the morning and fire works at night. I use to miss how I spend summers growing up in Japan, but I have been here long enough that there are things I look forward to doing in the summer. Fire works, barbeque, picnics, etc...

I also started working on a new quilt top. Do you remember this scrap bag from Moda?




A design idea came to my mind a couple days ago, so I started this. I might be able to post the complete quilt top next week.



Part of me is wanting to sew all night, but I also rented a movie for my hubby and I to watch. There are so many things I want to do and sometimes I am torn between them. I might relax a little tonight...

1 comment :

  1. One of my goals is to make a summer calendar...hopefully today! I love those 9-patch blocks and can't wait to see how you set them together. Shangri-La is one of my favorite lines!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin