Monday, March 1, 2010

One Down, How Many More to Go?




Near the beginning of last year, I pieced this quilt using a charm pack from Moda. In between my other projects, I hand quilted this throughout the year. I hardly ever sit and quilt at home anymore. When I am home I have other things I need to do, and besides, if I have anytime left, I do something that requires cutting and sewing by machine.

I usually have some kind of project with me all the time, so when I find a little bit of time here and there, I can make some progress. I quilted this at my sons' martial arts studio, while waiting in the carpool lane at my sons' school, and other places. (If you see someone with a gigantic quilt in public and she looks little out of place, that could be me...)

It is finally done!! This quilt is called: "Snow Ball Quilt", I am so glad that I finished it before another Spring came.

The blocks for this quilt were so easy to do, I would love to make one in a different color theme... but I have many other quilt tops that need to be quilted, I don't think it is a good idea to start a new one just yet. I guess I should baste a quilt top to take along with me.

18 comments :

  1. the quilt is beautiful! one day i want to be a fabulous quilter...someday when i am not chasing kids maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the colors! It is beautiful made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful quilt. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty. I might just do one too, seeing I have Moda charm pack already! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sachiko, are some of those snowball blocks? It is beautiful and what patience to hand quilt. They only thing I love to hand quilt is the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know more about how you go about hand quilting on the go? Do you use a large hoop? What do you keep your quilt in as you take it from place to place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish. It's beautiful. I love the borders and the way you quilted them. Such patience to hand quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sachiko,
    LOVE this snowball quilt...so BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love to quilt, and hand quilting is very relaxing. I have only hand quilted small projects though, so way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone, Thank you for all your comments! I am so excited to finish the quilt. Ever since I started quilting, I have been hand quilting. I LOVE doing it. It is very soothing for me.

    Some of you had questions about quilting. So, I will leave the answers here.

    I don't use a hoop when I hand quilt. I am a lap quilter, so it is very easy to transport from place to place. There is a way I fold a quilt I am working on and it becomes quite compact. Maybe I will show you all how I do it in a future post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out wonderful!
    I don't have the patience for this kind of big projects!
    never tried... maybe I have to...
    But I love the look!

    love Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Good job!!!

    I'm a speed girl - I don't think I could hand quilt a quilt!!! But, then seeing pretty work like this makes me think I might, just maybe, try to hand quilt a quilt...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt...Great Job....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin