Monday, March 8, 2010

Unexpected Finds and a Little Announcement

Hi everyone, how was your Monday? I always try to spread out my obligations, commitments, and things that I absolutely want to do (I will sqeeze in the last one any way I can). That way I won't get stressed out... Well, at least I tried. I know I am going to be very busy this week too. Oh well.

I want to share my latest unexpected finds. On my ususal trip to Wal-mart, my curiousity got the better of me and I had to peek in the fabric section. I usually don't buy fabrics there, but I was talking to myself "you never know... just in case."


Well, well, well, Look what they had there. I found these really cute 100% cotton fabrics for $1.50 a yard!!

The flower print one is like gauze, I would love to make a summer dress for Rachel.
This is why, when I feel like I need to go somewhere, I can't say no to myself. I have run in to some pretty nice things in the past. I wish you could see me grinning big.:)

If you guys felt like not much is going on at Tea Rose Home in the last few posts, hold that thought... I am working on a tutorial for the next post AND... I am doing a blog swap with someone this Friday!! I can say no more... you just have to come back and see who is going to be visiting Tea Rose Home. I have to log off before I accidently type the person's name... I am super excited!

Have a nice week blogging friends, see you at the next post!

11 comments :

  1. Hi Sachiko!
    Looks like you lucked out with some yummy fabric. I like them both. They look so springy. I am so ready for spring.
    A blog swap, eh? You got me wondering who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh-I can't wait to see the goodness that you have been working on! A blog swap? I am going to do one as well-got any pointers? Have a happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy fabric at Walmart all of the time and it is wonderful for beginning seamstresses and Home Ec projects because they can purchase it with their allowance.

    Sadly, more and more stores all the time have started eliminating carrying fabric from their stores because it is not profitable. The new stores in our town do not carry fabric and one that did eliminated carrying fabrics two years ago.

    I live in a large city so there are other options; however, in smaller communities there may not be and ordering fabric on line is not only cost prohibitive, but without a checking account or a credit card may be impossible.

    If you want your local Walmart to continue carrying fabrics, write or let your local manager know and continue to patronize their fabric area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that's from Walmart?? We don't have anything as good as that in the UK. I'm coming over to the US in April, I'll have to hunt some fabric down :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Sachiko, I can't wait to come back!
    i just finished several dresses for my girls... Some are already on my blog... Maybe it will inspire you! I love thos fabrics and what a great bargin!
    Last fiday I had great fabric on the market for myself!
    Still don't now quite what to make of it but it ws 1 euro for 1 meter...

    The other two I made from two old shirts( one of my hubby and one of myself when I was much bigger...LOL!)
    they turned out lovely I think... Soon will post them on my blog. hope the girls will show for photoshooting tomorrow!!!!!
    Love miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love great $1 finds at Walmart...even though they are few & far between...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! I totally am hitting up Wal-Mart! Also JoAnn's is having a huge sale you should go check it out!!

    ~Morgan

    http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do have some cute fabrics. The one by me just did away with their fabric section, but there is another one not too far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric. Wal-Mart can have some unexpected treasures occasionally. I know your creation will be beautiful! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the polka dots with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They just took the fabric section out of our Wal-mart and I'm a little upset about it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin